>From our local paper here in Sacramento....if you must throw something at me,
>please make it money!

"Ludwig van Beethoven was born Dec. 16, 1770. Here are some jokes in (dis)honor
of his upcoming birthday, plucked from the Internet.

* Why did Beethoven get rid of his chickens? All they said was "Bach, Bach,
Bach."
* A symphony was performing Beethoven's Ninth. There's a long passage during
which the bass violin players don't have a single note. They decided to sneak
out and have a few beers. One of the players made sure they'd have a little
extra time by tying up the last few pages of the score so that the conductor
would have to stop and untie it.  When the AWOL players staggered back to their
seats, the conductor looked angry and tense. No wonder: It was the bottom of
the Ninth, the score was tied and the bassists were loaded.
* Musical scholars were intrigued by reports of strange sounds coming from
Beethoven's grave. They studied the sounds and discovered they were Beethoven's
music being played backward. Conclusion: Beethoven was just decomposing."