Apparently I'm not the only one for whom horn storage is a recent household
topic. I have 2 horns, 2 hard cases, and 2 gig bags, plus the usual pile of
music, mutes, mouthpieces, tools, toothbrushes, etc.  My wife went on a
shopping expedition to Ikea intent on finding something to hold all of it and
what she brought back is perfect - a wardrobe. For those not familiar with the
term, it's a box around 5 feet (1.5 m) tall, with doors on the front, intended
for storing clothes. Inside is a bar across the top for hanging clothes, and a
couple of shelves at the bottom. I didn't install the bar, but instead screwed
two rubber-coated J-hooks (the same kind that hang my 8 bicycles) into the top.
Two horns fit easily, and I think four would fit if you were careful. The 8D
hard case and the fixed-bell gig bag fit on the bottom shelf. The cut-bell hard
case and gig bag fit on the upper shelf, along with the rest of the stuff.
Another shelf would be a big help - should be a simple matter of a piece of
pine and some brackets. It's very nice to be able to empty the horn, hang it on
the hook, and close the doors.

New but related topic - how do people file music - by composer? title? purpose
(solo, etude books, chamber music, etc.)? LIFO (Last In First Out)?

Ted Durant
Milwaukee WI USA