I've taken several flights where my horn would definitely fit in the overhead compartments, yet I wasn't allowed to bring my horn on board. In one flight my case was thrown enough to crack it in 3 places, and these were BIG cracks. I had to buy a new case when I got home. It's sad considering I had HUGE red stickers that said "fragile" all over it.

Dave