Slight oops in my message yesterday recommending trio sonatas in place of
double horn concerti - of course I meant to say that the highest notes are
around horn g2 or a2, not octave 3.  On the other hand, if you guys decide
to transpose up instead...

I forgot to include two of my favorites in the list of recommended trii:

Vivaldi, Trio Sonata in G minor (Lund), for 2 oboes and BC, Musica Rara
M.R. 1622.  This one is relatively tame for two horns, no technical or
endurance problems.  A good read.

Vivaldi, Concerto in D major (F.XII,43), for flute, violin and BC, Musica
Rara, M.R. 1252.  This one has a wonderfully wild first movement - an
onslaught of that throbbing beat and suspensions for which Vivaldi is
known.  What a ride!  And yet not impossible; 1st horn (flute) goes to
horn b2.  The 2nd movement exhibits Vivaldi's slow-movement delicacy at
its best.  1st horn has a simple sweet melody line while 2nd is the motor
driving it along - must see for yourself.  3rd is a nice horsey rondo for
both; another wild ride.  This trio is a crowd-pleaser - highly
recommended!

        {  David Goldberg:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  }
        { Math Dept, Washtenaw Community College }
                 { Ann Arbor Michigan }