I get some water in the leadpipe but to really empty it, I have to drain or
blow the valves into the third valves and pull and empty them.  I often just
blow and spin the water out the bell if I am standing and practicing because I
am too lazy to sit down and empty them.  It usually takes a couple good blows
with valve wiggling and two spins to get almost all of it out.

Chris