Planning a bit ahead; I will be in Vancouver for about a week in mid-February (16-24). For a number of reasons, not the least of which being the more or less continuous thread on this list about taking your horn on airplanes, I'd prefer to leave the old axe home, but I'd rather not take an extended break from playing. Is there anyone in the Vancouver, BC vicinity that either has a second horn that they are not using or knows of a music school or instrument dealer that I could arrange a short term rental/loan?

I'm not too particular, though something in an 8D would make me feel mighty at home.

Anyone out there have something (or even some horn-related tips on what to do in Vancouver) to offer?

Peter Hirsch