When I picked up my horn today, I noticed that my lips felt great: they
buzzed and responded excellently and they were in top-shape condition and
strength. However, it seems that my lips fall in stages, which, to say the
least, is not good. One week my lips will be quite rigid and stiff, so I
will have to make up for it by altering other aspects of my playing, and
sometimes they may be weak. How would you suggest that one maintain and care
for their lips, besides using common knowledge of not over-exercising the
muscles? Thanks for the help.

-Karl Feinauer