I purchased a Hoyer 7801 model horn a year and a half ago. One of the striking features of this most excellent instrument is it's rotor bumpers. They seem to be some sort of silicone and are exceptionally quiet and smooth in operation. My other horn and lifelong companion is an 8D purchased in 1968 which is in great shape, except for its thudding valves. I'm looking for a source for these rotor pads. I've done an online search for O-rings and have found plenty of manufacturers of them, but I don't know if any of them would be suitable as raw material. Has anyone on the list done their homework in this area?

Peter Hirsch