Actually "the other" KB did it as part of his tale by using the Sansone
term, albeit about the wrong tool (just for the sake of the tale).

What you probably refer to is not strange. It is just not mainstream to have
the Bb side valve slides on top of those from the F side. You wouldn't like
me to enter a discussion of the pro & con's of either system.

Through all of my professional life I was KB, but not only for the sake of
avoiding confusion I happily will retreat to being just:

Klaus