on 1/5/05 3:15 PM, Kurtis Henderson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I own a cd with a recording of Rosetti concerto in D minor that I really
> enjoy. I've owned it for a few years, and didn't realize that I had it, or
> that is was worthwhile till recently. I bought it on a whim once at a cd
> store, when I found it on sale for two or three dollars, so inexpensive
> because it's a label I suppose no one recognised. I would liek to know who the
> performers are. It's Excelsior Classic Gold, The Art of the French Horn. There
> were no notes included with the cd. On the disc, it says it is copyrighted by
> Vox musical group, and I've checked their website, and found a similar cd with
> all the same pieces, less the Mozart concerto my cd has. The cd listed on
> Vox's website is described here: http://www.cd101.net/ACD8144.html
> I haven't been able to find anythign about excelsior or the cd I own anywhere
> online. Does anybody have any information conscerning the performers or the cd
> label?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Kurtis

I have the same CD you were inquiring about. It is "The Art of the French
Horn".label: Excelsior, Classic Gold, Cat. No: EXL-2-5344. My CD included
a pamphlet showing the composer, title of the piece, movements of each, and
the performers. Shown below is some of the information.

TELEMANN: Suite in F Major for Horn, 2 Oboes and String Orchestra
Alois Spach, Gottfried Roth, Joachim Scholmeyer, & Alfred Balser, Horns;
Mainz Chamber Orchestra. Gunter Kehr, Conductor

VIVALDI: Concerto in F Major for 2 Horns and String Orchestra, P.320
Alois Spach & Gottfried Roth, Horns; Mainz Chamber Orchestra
Gunter Kehr, Conductor

MOZART: Concert in E-flat Major for Horn and Orchestra, K. 417
Joze Falout, Horn; Ljubljana Symphony Orchestra, Anton Nanut, Conductor

ROSETTI: Conserto in D Minor for Horn and Orchestra
Erich Penzel, Horn; Wurttemberg Chamber Orchestra, Heilbronn Jorg
Faerber, Conductor

James Maddrey
member Raleigh Concert Band
       Raleigh Horn Club