> I wonder if you meant this (use of word "facetious") seriously?

Good morning, Benno,

Have you the audacity to doubt my veracity, and to insinuate that I am engaged
insidiously
with wanton prevarication?

Nah, I reckon not.

The trumpet "pedal tones" referred to are not supported by the trumpet's
acoustics, and
are not true notes, but rather, just the flatulent bleatings of the player;
sounds in
which the trumpet is a most reluctant partner... but you already knew that. My
tongue was
firmly out-of-cheek when I described such sounds as "facetious," which means:

***

Facetious [adj] - cleverly amusing in tone; "a bantering tone";
"facetious remarks"; "tongue-in-cheek advice"

***

I don't know this word "faecetious" but have to wonder if it's a non-American
English
spelling of the same word I employed. Now mind you, this "fictitious" word I
know well,
and it directly applies to my daring exploits on the horn!

Back to your regularly-scheduled programming.

jrc in SC