Dear Friends,

Even though I have collected about 30 feet of old LPs & boxfuls of 45-rpm singles, plus bushels of stereo cassettes, I draw the line at 8-track cartridges & scratchy old 78s. But check out the story linked below about a guy who's into 78s.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/la/?id=110006171

The author says some of those old stax of wax give valuable insights into early 20th-century performance practice (vocal style, string & wind articulation, flexible tempo & phrasing from the time when Brahms, Dvorak, Verdi, & Puccini were at work).

-- Alan Cole, rank amateur
   McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.6.13 - Release Date: 1/16/2005