Reminds me of a Met performance of a Mozart opera where the onstage players
were in 18th C regalia playing Conn 8D's.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf
Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 4:01 PM
To: The Horn List
Subject: [Hornlist] Phantom

Just returned from the movie "Phantom of the Opera",which I thoroughly enjoyed.
 Always keeping an eye out to see the pit orchestra, it made me giggle when
they showed the orchestra very briefly..and the year was supposed to be 1814,
so in the back row of the orchestra was one lone horn player holding what very
well might have been an 8D (ahead of its time?) but at the very least was a
modern double horn.
 Anyone else catch it?  I am SO picky, I know.