Hello all,

I have just purchased a Conn 10D (ex demo). It is in very good condition. I am
no stranger to this model as I previously owned one  (circa approx 1989) some 3
years ago. I regret ever selling it. My question to everyone who is familiar
with this horn is. Has Conn (UMI) changed the fourth (Change) valve thumb key
lever from being a one piece (with the exception of where it links to the Stop
Arm), to a two piece whereby a metal box/sleeve is fitted towards the thumb end
of the lever allowing the actual thumb rest to slot into this metal box (and is
tightened via a screw)?

The only time I have ever seen such configuration was to allow for some degree
of adjustment to the thumb key itself. However, the amount of movement in this
setup is negligible, only allowing something like 3-4 mm before the thumb lever
hits the tubing. My Previous 10D's Thumb key lever was one piece so needless to
say, I was surprised. I have visited UMI's website and cannot find any obvious
changes to the model. Nor does it mention this configuration as an option. I
bought this horn from a reputable Conn music shop who, themselves claim the
horn to be bog standard - having had no work done on it. I have sent them an
email to see if I can resolve this anomaly. In the mean time, I thought I would
try and tap into the fountain of horn knowledge that is this list.
Finally, can someone direct me to source where I might be able to buy this part
as a one piece?

Many thanks,

Brian.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.