Dear list,

I am forwarding the following message from one of our list members who is having some technical problems getting his message to go through. While I work on that, here is his request--remember to respond to HIM and NOT to me if you are not going to reply via the list!

Gary Greene

"I am soliciting information on suitable music to play in church. I have been asked to play for two Catholic masses each week at a very large church. One mass is with large choir and organ and the other is with piano and a smaller choir. I need both short pieces for various places in the service and longer pieces for preludes and communion. We have had good success with Hovhaness' Artik with organ and I have done a fair bit of transcribing vocal solos for the shorter pieces. I also do a solo before the prelude (while the choir and organist are warming up). So far, I have done a fair bit of Bach. Other suggestions welcome. So much music needs an accompaniment.

We had good response to Twyla Paris' Lamb of God both accompanied and not.

You can also contact me directly at [EMAIL PROTECTED] should you need to send any attachment of suggested material. I know someone out there has collected a listing of horn music for church services.

John Fenner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"