Thank you, Paul, for the very illustrative message about
Tippett. Why did they move you to another recording
location, as the street noise would just have had a
bettering effect on Tippetts music (perhaps) ?

We played "Fidelio" the night, when Ceausescu had been
toppled & as the things were escalating & as there are
hundreds if not thousands in Munich, who emigrated from
Rumania before, our orchestra union leader felt it
appropriate to go on stage before the beginning of act no.2,
to inform the audience about the success of the revolution,
- quite a very dramatic point of the opera also. By the way,
my youngest brother was one of the first persons climbing
the Berlin Wall.

Greetings from Munich