Karl,

I also suffer from cold sores. Here's some tips from my experience.

1. As mentioned by others, you will find the cold sores recur from time
to time. Apparently the virus resides in nerve junctions in your face
and elsewhere. When the necessary stimulus occurs the virus multiplies
and migrates along the nerves to the skin. I find that cold sores are
triggered by stress or a slight blow to the lips, particularly in cold
weather. Tr to avoid these if you can.

2. Zovirax cream is very effective if applied early enough, basically as
soon as you feel the onset of symptoms.

3. I find my cold sores seem to respond well to a little gentle
practice, provided they're not scabbed over or open. However, the
operative words here are little and gentle, but it's worth remembering
that your cold sores may well respond differently.

Steve Williams.