Hi Leonard:
The Paxman mouthpieces are solid nickel - (I use one),, however, we've taken
it one step further in the mouthpieces Jim Phelan makes.. we use solid
silver for the rims - never needs replating - and silver isn't all that
expensive these days!

Leonard wrote: Any of you use a solid nickel silver mouthpiece?  I have one
and it makes life a little easier, there is no plating to wear.  It might
have a little more frictional "cling" to it than a plated mouthpiece but not
enough to notice.  Its one of those things that I would think would have a
large market share of mouthpieces but I have never seen another one.
Leonard// Laredo

"Just Put Your Lips Together And Blow...."

http://www.poperepair.com

U.S. Dealer:  Ricco Kühn, Paxman and Dietmar Dürk
Pope Instrument Repair
80 Wenham Street
Jamaica Plain, MA  02130
617-522-0532