From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Louttit
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 2:33 PM
To: The Horn List
Subject: [Hornlist] StrauSS, character et al (NHR)

Hansel,

With regard to R. Strauss, I think it is quite easy to say
that a man's art certainly transcends his character and I
would say exactly the same thing about you.  When you write
exclusively about the horn I listen.  I listen to recordings
of the Bavarian State Opera Orchestra and I admire and
enjoy.
It's a pity you don't write exclusively about the horn, and
confine yourself strictly to performance.

In my world, character does count for something. It's a pity
that you want to prolong this thing and make a feeble
attempt to bait me with your nonsensical ramblings.  A
prudent man, a wise man would drop this now, but since you
are neither, let's see how long you can prolong this
foolishness before everyone tires of it.

With warmest regards and respect to you as an artist if not
as a man,

Mark L.