Anyone else a bit nervous about bidding on the Pax 40L on ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16215&item=7303002949&rd=1
   He's got great feedback, and 105 of them at that, but instinctively  this
one just doesn't feel right to me. I've bought and sold about 30 horns over the
last few years on ebay and this one 'smells' a bit.   He's selling the horn for
'someone' else which puts up the first red flag for me and second, he's selling
it as a private auction. Who's responsible for the horn if the purchase goes
bad since it isn't 'his' horn? He is of course, but how to get that to 'stick.
 Scammers consistantly use the private auction method to avoid current bidders
from being contacted regarding the fraudulent activity by those in the 'know'.
I don't see that he's ever used a 'private auction' in the past so why would he
start now? Thirdly, the horn is in Sweden which in and by itself is fine but
it's a bit out of reach from us in the US for 'safety' should something go
wrong. 4th, no reserve? Would you do that with a horn of this caliber? Maybe
you would if you or a friend were to bid on it at the last minute to keep the
price high enough for a decent sale.  Perhaps it's all perfectly fine, I'm just
a bit of a 'doubting Thomas' right now on this one much as I'd like that horn
in my practice room.   Anyone else?    Jim