Klaus B and Julius P said

> I'm looking for practice mute, but I couldn't find much reviews on them.
> Please share your experiences on various practice mutes: which you find
good,
> less good, or terrible? Which mute has best quality for reasonable price?

I have the DW and the Yamaha Silent Brass.

The Silent Brass without the electronics is by far my preferred tool

*******************
If I have to use a practice mute, then I prefer to use
my Yamaha Silent Brass Mute.    I can't   use my Aulos
practice mute because the mouthpiece keeps falling
into the mute.   The YSB mute has this little plastic thingie
in its neck, which holds the mouthpiece in position.
I suppose you could also use a stopping mute, assuming
you fit the mouthpiece into the narrow end, instead of
the wide end.

But really, it's much better to practice on your horn,
and avoid all this practice mute stuff.   If you find that
neighbors and room mates complain about how loudly
you practice, then invest in a good set of ear plugs.
I always put on ear plugs before I practice.   True, I have
to play louder to hear myself play, but I am no longer
disturbed by people complaining about my practicing.

gotta go,
cabbage