From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 11:50 PM
To: 'The Horn List'
Subject: RE: [Hornlist] Mozart vs JMHaydn

Steven, I will try to lift the secret somewhen, if time &
circumstances will allow. There are modern technical ways,
to look behind ink splash or other obscuring entries. The
number "3" on the front page is inserted later anyway, so I
have to look behind, to know what Mozart wrote first. As I
do not have a colour picture of this page (only b/w) I have
to improvisate or wait for the new picture. Using Photo
Paint you can brush away the "new number 3". It works fine.
So I discovered things behind another large ink splash. The
new technique is amazing.

All other dating, well, I cannot believe 100%, as many
musicologues have committed so many mistakes, e.g. Einstein
saying: "this concerto cannot be composed for Leutgeb as it
demands a musical understanding exceeding Leutgeb ...." (or
similar), all in the context with (said) no.3 concerto. But
no.3 concerto (after Andre´s numbering & publishing) is our
no.4 Concerto K.495. This concerto is part of Mozarts own
listing as "A horn concerto for Leitgeb".  And our no.3
concerto K.447 has the name "Leitgeb" twice set above the
horn line (3rd mov.) by Mozarts own handwriting. Did these
people mixe up num,bering or did they not read Mozarts own
entries ? No.2 K.417 has Mozarts dedication to Leutgeb on
the front page anyway.

These facts are not from hear say or reading it somewhere,
they are my own eye witness, having the facsimile of the
autographs in front of me.