From:   Chris Tedesco [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Monday, March 21, 2005 9:38 PM
To:     The Horn List
Subject:        Re: [Hornlist] Re:  fixed bell and airlines

Regarding the TSA letter.  When I was confronted with my horn by a certain
overly sassy stewardess, she said "Well, we don't have time to check on that,
so just get on the plane".  I had an earful, but my horn was safe.

The better method is to humbly ask to put the horn in the crew's locker because
you "didn't know" it wouldn't fit and it's too valuable and fragile to check.
When I did this, I also made sure I was the last person on the plane, so I
wouldn't hold up everyone else.

The way I see it, my horn is the single most expensive thing I own, (including
my car), so under no circumstances will I allow it to be checked under the
plane.  Make up any excuse to keep that horn from being mangled by the
airlines.

Chris