There is a CD of the Seiber Notturno currently available (but not Brain's
recording). It is on Soren Hermansson's CD Horn Concertos (BIS-CD-376).

John Schreckengost
Chicago, IL

date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:50:34 +0100
from: William Melton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
subject: [Hornlist] Seiber Notturno

> I once heard
> Barry Tuckwell perform Matyas Seiber's Notturno for
> horn and strings.  This is a gorgeous, brooding work
> that I believe was written for Dennis Brain.  I know of
> no recordings of it.

I second Eric's recommendation of the Seiber.  The BBC recorded Brain
playing the Notturno (on July 29, 1955, with Basil Cameron and the LSO
strings), and judging by a tape that I was given years ago, both
performance and sonics justify a CD issue.

Bill Melton
Hauset (B) / Sinfonie Orchester Aachen (D,  where we're ringing in
spring with strange bedfellows this week -- Schumann's First Symphony
and Stravinsky's Sacre)