[EMAIL PROTECTED] schreef:

In a message dated 03/04/2005 22:07:56 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Yeah, it has probably been arranged for balalaika orchestra with optional kazoo as well ;)

Hi Michiel,

It may have been, but I have never seen any version other than the original. (I would be surprised if it did exist in any other form).

It is a wonderful work, one of the best. I seem to remember that Jacob later wrote "More New Wine" which was a much less successful piece.

All the best,

Lawrence

"žaes ofereode - žisses swa maeg"

http://lawrenceyates.co.uk

I remember playing the double quitet version. I remember playing it a lot. I can't remember if I played a quitet/sextet version of it or not. (6 month old babies and the lack of proper sleep they cause doesn't help your memory ;))
However, the gordonjacob.com site does list it as flute, oboe, clarinet, horn, basson and trumpet. I am starting to wonder wether there are 2 versions, even more than 2, or that the people at the site are just lazy and couldn't be bothered to type a few 2's ;)

Michiel van der Linden
Bruges, Belgium