Sorry, I have to interfer here:

The most stupid way< is it, that the teachers start way too
early with a Mozaret concerto, when the student is not
trained properly to do so.

To prevent this, go the slow way all through the Schantl
method, skipping everything above high g2 & below g (the
first g below staff), increase to  higher notes step by step
most carefully, means the second year reaching not higher
than g2 also, but improving the g2. the third year reaching
out for a2 & bb2 & improve it. Get for high c3 in the 4rth
year & improve it. Higher notes are not necessary for the
student, but if he or she will get them clearly, well, the
better.

To make the rather dry, very dry Schantl more interesting,
get the student playing little songs, little classical &
romantic pieces, some easy contemporanean piece too for the
feeling of atonal music. Do a lot of "ear development". Send
them to the school choir or the church choir. Sound rather
obsolete, but it isnīt. Singing the right notes, integrate
oneself into a "musical" community brings great benefits
verse balancing, blending, ear sharpening, phrasing,
breathing, etc.

It is the fault of the teachers, when the student does not
master the single F or the F-side of the double first before
using the Bb-side. This results in rather boring colorless
uniform sound far away from clear & mellow & sometimes
heroic horn tone.

Later on, the teacher should develop his students ability to
switch back & forth between the two sides as necessary to
get the advantage of better intonated pitches, better
phrasings, better security, easier slures, faster technique,
easier fingering, typical horn slures, etc.

But the problem is the teachers inability or their missing
knowledge about these things.
The other problem is the ambitiousness of the teachers &
parents, trying to make their children be stars. We do not
need stars. We need solid players in all fields of the
music, from home music groups to community orchestras,
school bands to high class symphony orchestras, all at their
particular level. Stars will incarnate themselves.