let me amend that- fast and slow air also affects the vibration of your lips, as does your aperture. slower air for lower notes until you hit low-low notes then the aperture needs to come together, and the bottom lip needs to "turn out" a bit while the chin goes out blah blah blah- faster air for higher to some extent. also the speed of your air will affect how tight your embouchure becomes, etc...

ah, the mechanics of horn playing...

Dave, again