I'm also a retread with a 30 year gap. Been playing again for almost 4 years
now. Accuracy felt like my biggest issue for almost 2 years. I did find that
playing the page on accuracy from the Farkas book and keeping written score on
how many and which notes I did not hit dead center helped a lot. (I made weekly
copies of the page so I could put a tick mark next to notes I missed and
observe / correct specific problems. In addition, it did take some time before
I heard the right notes in my mind before playing.
Make a GREAT day! (I am)
Jim Wright

------------------------------

message: 15
date: Sun, 15 May 2005 10:30:55 -0500
from: "Bill Gross" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
subject: [Hornlist] Learning Suggestions Appreciated

One thing I have noticed after a thirty or so year hiatus is that my ability
to have a clear mental idea of the pitch I am going to play has seriously
deteriorated.  Such things as missing the second line "D" - having it come
out as "C" on the B flat side.

Any suggestions on helping refresh the ability to get that mental image of
pitch would be appreciated.