From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Olav Traa
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 3:48 PM
To: The Horn List
Subject: [Hornlist] Shostakovich - Symphony No. 5, op. 47

I have a question.

In the excerpt two bars before 21.  I have been told that
horns 1-2 climb to the Bb (f,f#,g#,a,bb,a) and that horn 3-4
climb only to the g (d,d#,e#,f#,g,f#).  I was able to get my
hands on what I thought were photocopies of original parts
and in that version the horns are divided up
1-3 and 2-4 (1-3 climb to the bb and 2-4 only climb to the
g).

Are there different versions?

Olav in Montreal