This brings up the issue of slide lubricants. If, when you pull the slide out,
there is a rubbing sound/feel, you may be losing metal. When you wipe the slide
and there is black on the rag, that is metal. Although many say that anhydrous
lanolin is bad, sometimes that's the only thing that works for me on some
slides.

Herb Foster