Dear List,

    How do some of you warm-up and warm-down? I thought  it would fun and
educational to ask professional and college players about  how they warm-up and
warm down. This is a very good question because there are  many different
styles to everyone's warm-up routine. Hans Pizka may warm-up  doing long tones
and
Paul Mansur may warm-up doing arpeggios and vice  versa. Let's start off with
me:

I buzz on my mouthpiece, always making sure that I center every note. Then  I
play every harmonic (please excuse me if this is the wrong term) on each
fingering, then I play long tones and work on my low range (from the Brophy
book). Then I work on the Farkas accuracy exercises. And finally, I play a slow

Kopprasch etude.