Hi,
I just want to announce the dates of my summer seminar and talk about the
activities surrounding this event. First of all, Scott Hartman (aka
Scottio) and I are joining forces to put on TWO seminars this summer
during the same week- July 11-16. Scott, in association with the El
Camino Youth Symphony, is conducting a workshop in Palo Alto from 2-5 PM
July 11-15 for younger students. This would mean upper grade school,
middle school and even lower high school intermediate players. The
emphasis will be on ensembles and coaching for things like honor bands
and youth symphonies. I will be helping out at times so there will be
more individual attention.
My seminar will be for upper intermediate and advanced players as usual.
Please realize that this seminar is tailored to the people who attend.
Lots of individual attention and an opportunity to work on anything you
want. Scott will be helping me out as well. My seminar will be at Santa
Clara University and will run from 6-10 PM, July 12-16. We will have a
joint free concert on Saturday night for both groups and their friends
and relatives with a pizza reception to follow.
Attendees of either workshop will receive a free copy of my book, "Real
World Horn Playing", a $30 value.
Information for both seminars in the form of a PDF Brochure and
application form, can be found on my website. Just start clicking on
"Brochure".
We also have a nice horn ensemble that meets during the seminar. We have
an invitation to play on Sunday morning, July 17, at Saratoga
Presbyterian Church. I already have commitments from a few pros, so if
you want to do this, I think it will be a really great experience and we
can use a few more players (you don't have to be a pro to do this, all
welcome). I would like to have that group together on Tuesday evening,
the 12th, around 8 PM at Santa Clara so we can plan the week. I would
expect to have two more nights, probably Friday and the Saturday night
concert.

My phone is 408 275-8242 if you have any questions. I can also mail you
actual brochures if you know of some players who might want them. Hope to
see you there!
Sincerely,

Wendell Rider
For info about my book, "Real World Horn Playing", and the summer
seminar, please visit my website at www.wendellworld.com
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts
can be counted.
-Albert Einstein