Perfectly said !!!!!
================================

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 10:46 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] Re: Endurance

" Endurance is gained by systematic and incremental
practice." --wabotte

I missed the original posting or question on this, BUT a
gradual building of endurance is not the whole story on
endurance.

Another part of endurance is a singing & relaxed approach.
If you practice with tight lips, your not going to have any
endurance at all but if you work on resonance of sound an
easy air flow and singing style then your endurance will
increase.

Another part of endurance is in your thoughts. I find it
detrimental to a great performance to ever think about
anything but the current moment. If I think something like
"wow, I haven't missed any notes yet" I am bound to miss a
note soon after that thought!

Richard Burdick
1st Horn Regina Symphony
Regina, SK Canada