--- Fred Baucom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would think it might be helpful to you to mention
> a specific position if you are applying for that
> position - that might demonstrate familiarity with
> those specific parts.  Also, seems to me that you
> could create a bad first impression if you spell
> 'principal' as 'principle'...

Hi,

I don't think I would include my position within an
ensemble unless I was the only one in it.

For instance...when citing university ensembles, it is
assumed that through your course of study you will
have played all positions. Even if you put principal
horn of the university orchestra, whoever reads it is
going to understand that there were likely others
playing principal, second, third...all in a rotating
section.

Now, if you are the principal horn in your community
orchestra or band, and the seating does not rotate,
then by all means say principal, or third, or what
have you. Or if you are attending school on a graduate
fellowship, and one of the "perks" is a certain
performance opportunity that no one else gets, put
that in too.

You can also cite masterclasses under the category of
"other experience."

I don't think it's necessary to say something like
"auditioned for the Chicago Symphony." Everyone takes
auditions. But if you were a finalist, you can say
"finalist, third horn, Chicago Symphony audition,
2001."

Gary

Get Firefox!!http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html