I've held back as long as I can, but no more Mister
nice guy.

I am a horn player AND a conductor, and proud of
it.

In fact, I enjoy the conducting more than the
playing, but God has been kind, and at age 59 I can
still pop out those high e's above the staff.  I'm
good to the bottom of the horn, too.  I play first
in two local orchestras and one community band.  I
also play first in the area's local professional
summer band, and have for more than 25 years.

>From what people tell me, I'm an excellent
conductor.  In fact, last month I was rehired for
next season in front of the orchestra at our dress
rehearsal for the final concert of this season.  I
not only got a standing ovation from the orchestra,
but our audience at that concert was the largest in
the seventeen year history of the orchestra.  Well
over 1,000 people.  (Pat myself on back, here).

I also have been an arranger for more than thirty
years, along with the various orchestras and bands
I have conducted during that time.  I've even
conducted at IHS workshops.  (Oh horror of
horrors!)

So.........What's the deal?  I know my craft(s),
people like what I do, and I'm well paid for it.

"If it's the truth, you're not braggin'"

Wilbert in SC