A corrective detail (or two).

A. Robert (Bob) Johnson was and is the founder/Director of the NY Philomusica ensemble. I believe his tenure in the NY Philharmonic was in the late Chambers era, though possibly he may have still been there while Joe Singer was playing principal. In any case, I believe it has to be ca. 35 years ago.

Also, I recall reading that our sainted one, Dennis, was preparing to enlarge his DB Wind Ensemble to a chamber orchestra, with him wielding the stick. This was in 1957 and the fates apparently had other plans for which podium he was destined.

Peter Hirsch