My newest composition for horn and organ/piano, Partita on "Neander,"
has just been published.

 From the publisher's web site:
The hymn tune “Neander,” also known as “Unser Herrscher,” was composed
by Joachim Neander in the 17th century.   Well known in the present day
as the melody of “Open Now Thy Gates of Beauty” and “Rise, Ye Children
of Salvation,” this tune has been published with at least seven other
hymn texts.  Dr. Hilfiger has used “Neander” as the starting point for
the Partita, which is a set of elaborate variations on the familiar
tune.  The hymn melody makes this work a natural choice for use in
worship, perhaps as prelude or during the offering, but the composition
is interesting enough to be suitable for recitals as well.  The
composer prefers organ accompaniment, but Partita also works quite well
with piano accompaniment.

Performance time for the full work is about 4:20, but the variations
could be played separately, if desired.  The publisher is Really Good
Music:

http://www.reallygoodmusic.com/

For a list of my previously published works:

http://users.penn.com/~jhilf/

John Jay Hilfiger
[EMAIL PROTECTED]