Paul Navarro writes:

> I prefer the Amado keys to any lever type key.

        I wonder why this is so?

He also states:

> It is also possible to drill a hole through the middle of   the piston of the
> Amado water key and thread a string through it to use with your left hand
> thumb- just like the Holton water keys.

        How do you do this? Do you drill through the surface on which
you push to open the spit valve, all the way through to the
"back" side? Do you drill 90 degrees to this surface? If the
former, doesn't the valve leak when it's closed? The hole through
which the string passes would also open into the passage through
which water flows. So it seems like it would cause a leak.

        Thanks very much.

                                Howard Sanner
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]