From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:52 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] E.T./DeRosa/Vienna Horn

Dear Messrs. Bamberg, Ozolins and Pandolfi,

Here's the posting (5 years old now!) which I happened to have kept:

To :     [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date :   April 16, 2000 1:02 JST
Subject : [hornlist] Hollywood Vienna horn tidbit

The overdub horn solos in ET are done by Vince DeRosa and played
on a Vienna Horn given to him as a gift. Vince received some letters
from players around the world curious about the unique sound on
this movie.