As far as I'm concerned,
>you can play horn and soudn like an oboe, but if you do it
>well, no one is going to argue with you.
>
>Aleks Ozolins
>NYC

No one? I don't think so. How will you ever know if you couldn't have
gone farther, gotten more jobs (if that is your bottom line), if you had
a better sound. Sound is part of the totality of our playing. How
expressive can you be if people don't enjoy listening to you. Sadly,
there is less concern for good sound these days than ever before-
especially in this country. Technique is king right now.
Hey, the whole reason for the horn's existence is its sound. You can play
the same range on a trombone.
Cheers,
Wendell Rider
For info about my book, "Real World Horn Playing", and the summer
seminar, please visit my website at www.wendellworld.com
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts
can be counted.
-Albert Einstein