Bill B wrote

I have cats that like to kill birds.  The cat's aren't evil, they're cats.
A tree hugger neighbor put bells on the cats to protect her bird feeder.
One by one the cats disappeared.  Those bells were dinner bells to the local
coyotes.  The coyotes aren't evil, they're coyotes.  I told the tree hugger
I'd put the bells back on if she arranges the extermination of the coyotes.
Interestingly, a mountain lion ate a bicyclist a few months back and
started talk of eradicating the lions.  Fortunately, they're protected
because
they eat the coyotes.