> Brain ...recorded the work on his usual instrument at
> that time, a single Raoux (sp?) "peashooter" in F

Howdy Ed,

I believe that recording was indeed on the Raoux, but I think it was crooked
in Bb, as DB often did with that horn. If I'm wrong, someone will surely set
me right, but I believe I have two recordings DB, and there are certain
things in the playing that give away the horn's key. I'm not saying he could
NOT have done it on the F. In fact, I certainly think he COULD have, but I
also think he chose the safer Bb route.

Of course, as always, it would tickle me to no end if I were to find there
was a DB version of the "Serenade" I hadn't yet heard.

jrc