Very hot greetings from Florida! I have a question and need some input. I've
played first chair for 8-9 years in a community orchestra. Last year we got a
new conductor who instituted a schedule whereby we are to rehearse the day of a
concert. Concert is at 3, rehearsal from 1-2pm,though it often runs to 2:30pm.
 Very rough on the "lip" even though I try to take it easy and save best
efforts for actual concert. To me this is very unprofessional,as I think the
time to learn what we need to know is at the four regular weekly rehearsals.
Any thoughts?