The source that gave me this same information was more of the opinion that Max
Enders, as a maker, was pretty well established prior to taking over from
Mueller, and probably didn't build a lot of complete instruments with his name
on them after 1900.  The only other Max Enders instrument I've heard of is an
Eb alto listed in a collection in Germany.  Based on the obvious hand work in
this horn, the individual making of the valves, and the incredible crispness
and detail in the bell engraving, it is unlikely that it was a production
model.  More likely a prototype for a show or exposition.  What's really
interesting is the horn design formula used is unlike any modern instrument.
The horn is made from extremely thin metal, so it weighs much less than my
King, Schmidt copy single Bb.  The bore is around .450", but the bell throat is
so large, a mute goes in more than an inch farther than on my Elkhart 8D.  The
tone quality of this horn is incredible.  The key levers are the s
 hort round ones usually only seen on the 19th century F horns, and I believe
on the very first Kruspe compensators.  It's amazing how much historical detail
can be lost in a mere 100 years.

I suppose I'm hopeful of finding evidence that this is from the 19th century.
I've restored enough 19th century brass to make a brass quintet.  I have an
1888 valve trombone from Boston Musical instrument, as well as one of their
rotary cornets ca. 1860, and an upright alto ca. 1875.  I also have a Dupont
solo alto, but the alto voice sounds so good using the Enders.  On the low end,
I have a Leland BBb tuba dated to 1885, and a four valve EEb contrabass
Saxhorn, valved to BBb, by EG Wright has the soldered on emblem of their
production of ca. 1855.  I'm still looking for a rotary Eb cornet.  Audiences
love hearing these old horns, and the different sound they produce.