Klaus, it cannot be overheard that the Caesar solo aria horn solo is scored
for F-horn, because it would not be possible for any other natural horn, to
play this aria. There are two other 4 horn numbers there, scored for
G-horns, with a cadenza up to our high d3 in p dynamics - very delicate. And
the other number for 4 horns is scored in A, if I recall right  - or also in
G - with many, many trills, which must be delivered in true baroque manner.
Have played the Giulio Caesar more than 25-times.

At age near 64, I stepped down from solo to deputy first, to perform a
quieter life for the (nearly) two remaining years & making way free for a
potential successor. Johannes Dengler, whom we hired at age 19 fresh from
school, leads the section now since July 1st. I think, it was the right
decision by myself & I like it.

Greetings from NE Thailand

Hans

SigfridFafner the under ground horn player from Vienna