Wow, I love playing 4th on this piece. I thank my college horn professor, Ralph Froelich, for taking the time to show us how wonderful the low register of the horn can be, and for teaching us how to play tenderly in that delicate range. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Nielsen Dalley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <horn@music.memphis.edu>
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2005 7:16 PM
Subject: [Hornlist] Re:Eternal Father by Claude Smith

You picked quite a piece to comment about bass clef writing in concert band music. The 4th horn part descends to pedal E Flat, Thats right, one line below the bass clef staff in modern bass clef notation. For compositions for horn quartet with band accompaniment, actually there are several. In addition to the Schumann and Hubler concertos arranged from orchestra to band, there are several original works. Many are lighthearted 'hunt' type melodies. But one or two are serious works. One that I have available is a 2002 work by J. Wilkins Concerto for 4 horns and band. Regards.
Harriet & Nielsen Dalley