Patch it.

-AC.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At 10:10 PM 9/19/2005, you wrote:

Dear Listers,
My son has my Paxman Model 20L made in 1980. He has worn through the bell tail again requiring another patch where his hand enters the bell. I have the option of installing a new bell tail (spout), however Paxman changed the taper of the bell tail so the new L is slightly smaller than the old style. This is a magnificent horn. I, personally, have never played a better one. Should I continue to have the bell tail patched, or should I spring for the new bell tail?

CORdially,
Luke Zyla
2nd horn, WV Symphony Orchestra
www.wvsymphony.org