Today I'm depressed because my eyesight and sense of balance is decreasing at
increasing speeds.
My has aphasia long been a problem. I’m asking for no pitty, but I can’t see
the problem treated
in this thread. I had to give up regular brass playing 3 years ago.

I was gifted with an extremely efficient embouchure and a breathing technique
based on the
Continental European singing tradition. I never was a virtuoso, but I have been
able to sing the
pants off the ladies on just about any brass instruments from Eb cornet through
BBb
sousaphone/tuba because I could play melodies melodically. I refused the offers!

For years I played my trumpets, cornets, Syhre corno da caccia, Martin
mellophone, and my many
horns (I think they are 10 or more, mostly single F’s, but a 28D, a
compensating Lidl, an
Alexander G descant, and a Bb 5 valve Hoyer being among them), on a screw rim
Giardinelly 18 mm
rim and a J4 underpart, where I had opened the throath and the backbore. Only
the Eb cornet was
played on a C12 underpart, which I also had modified to fit the same rim. Of
course I used all
sorts of commercial/home made/home modified adapters.

My standing on the marching mello question is: play it with your horn
mouthpiece through a
relevantly modified adapter. If questions are asked, I may elaborate on methods
to do that.

 I’m sorry to have entered personal  aspects in my posting,  but I strive to
continuie being
informative from my middlevel/journeyman level as long as it goes.

Klaus