From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of WIlliam Botte
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 1:20 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] Re: anticipating afterbeats

Loren Mayhews responce needs to be archived in perpetuity for every
hornist.  Conductors and stage personnel will listen to a reasonable
solution after a botched perfomance due to improper stage setup.  For
armed with Lorens' explanation and ameniable staff, proper horn balance
should be resolved.
The conductor of local orchestra placed the horns on third risers 40+
feet from reciprocating wall in the nave of a church.  The resulting
cacaphony was ludicrous.  After the peerformance he confronted the horns

wanting to know "what's your problem".  He didn't like the answer, but
horn placement and sound reflectors have been utilzed ever since.
--wabotte