Hi list,

    I was in a horn class this past Saturday and my  teacher's substitute
noticed that I had leaks in my embouchure. I always  thought something was
weird
because every time I tried to play in the low range,  I would hear a funny
noise. I have been trying to develop my low range but I  know this leak
situation
is a problem. I believe this is the reason why I  haven't really obtained
anything close to an average sound and air capacity to  control or even play
notes in this range. Because of these leaks I can't play  anything below an F
below middle C. What should I do to solve this problem?  Would more air also
help
in the low range?

Your Hornliness
James